Delhi Meri Jaan: FW: Guest Post: Monika Schröder on Inspiration and Cross-Culturally ...
Custom Search

3/23/11

FW: Guest Post: Monika Schröder on Inspiration and Cross-Culturally ...

 

 

Feed: Google Alerts - Events In Delhi
Posted on: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:06 PM
Author: Cynthia Leitich Smith
Subject: Guest Post: Monika Schröder on Inspiration and Cross-Culturally <b>...</b>

 

By the time I started Saraswati's Way I had already lived in New Delhi for six years, and often, when arriving at or leaving from the New Delhi train station, I had seen street kids, barefoot and dressed in shabby clothes, scavenging for ... I frequently asked her and other Indian friends if my depictions of particular events or religious rituals were correct. One of the most challenging scenes to write was the funeral for Akash's father. During the Hindu funeral ritual, ...
CYNSATIONS - http://cynthialeitichsmith.blogspot.com/


View article...

No comments:

Post a Comment